Carnegie Public Library offers free wireless access (Wi-Fi) in public areas.
Connecting to the Library's Wireless Network
- You must have a computer or other device equipped with an 802.11b-compatible wireless card.
- Using your computer's network utilities, look for the wireless network named "Carnegie WiFi."
- The "Carnegie WiFi" wireless network does require a password to connect.
Limitations and Disclaimers Regarding Wireless Access
- The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your laptop can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software, within three hundred feet.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's network.