Lynda.com has been the leading provider of online learning content for 20 years. Go to https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=carnegie.lib.oh.us with your library card number and PIN. There are more than 12,000 courses, ranging from computer programming to project management including instruction on various computer software, programming languages, and business topics. The video courses are taught by industry experts and are designed for any skill level. Lynda.com also offers more than 50 different learning paths to help users stay ahead in their current job or change careers.
It’s free, so all you need is your library card number and PIN. Just go to the library website www.carnegie.lib.oh.us, choose Reference & Research (at top right) and select Lynda.com. Or go to https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=carnegie.lib.oh.us (you need to use the entire address).
Lynda.com courses are available for dozens of popular software and developer tools, including:
* Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
* Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc.)
* Latest versions of popular operating systems such as Windows 10, iOS, Android, Linux
* Coding and markup languages such as C, Java, Python, Ruby, MySQL, HTML, CSS, and PHP
In addition, Lynda.com offers courses on business topics and personal advancement, such as:
* Job hunting and resume or cover letter writing
* Business skills, communication, marketing and leadership
* Data analysis, cloud computing, and server management
* Creative arts including 3D animation, video editing, photography and more
Go to https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=carnegie.lib.oh.us with your library card and start learning today!